Biotrans Tours & Transportation Experts
Included in this tour:
• Entrance fee to the Tárcoles River Boat
• English speaking naturalist guide
• Private Round-trip transportation
Famous for its large American Crocodiles, the Tarcoles River forms the Northern border of Carara Biological Reserve on the Central Pacific coast of Costa Rica. The Tarcoles is full of Crocodiles, Scarlet Macaws, Jesus Christ Lizards, and over 120 species of birds.
Then we glide along this placid river with our naturalist guide, who describes the birds, animals, and habitat in great detail. After visiting the river mouth, we venture up a mature mangrove area, where we stop to learn about this remarkable ecosystem.
Return upstream to the native botanic garden, where your guide explains more about the native plant species of this transitional habitat.
This half-day, educational tour is designed for you to experience, photograph and learn about the native wildlife.
Per Person $200.00 USD Based on 2-3 passengers in your party
Per Person $140.00 USD Based on 4-5 passengers in your party
Per Person $136.00 USD Based on 6-7 passengers in your party
Per Person $134.00 USD Based on 8-9 passengers in your party
Per Person $121.00 USD Based on 10-11 passengers in your party
Per Person $113.00 USD Based on 12-13 passengers in your party
Days of Operation
Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun
Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes
Departures (Local Time)
08:30 AM (4.75 hrs)
Transfer / Meeting Instructions
No Taxi Required
Specific pick up or taxi instructions will appear on your voucher after you purchase your trip.
• This tour does not include lunch, but a stop can be made at a local restaurant close to the park.
• Admissions are included in the tour.
• Drinks, food, souvenirs and/or any other extra not included.
• Please bring/wear: Comfortable walking shoes, light clothing, insect repellent, hat and sun lotion, binoculars and camera.
• Please note that in Costa Rica there is some confusion about ship time vs local time. Please see your purser on your ship to clarify whether your ship changes its time to local time so you do not miss your excursion. As each ship is ruled by its captain, it is your responsibility to confirm this while while you are sailing.
• While your transfer will be private, we cannot guarantee that the tour will be private.
• Not wheelchair accessible.